Updated March 28, 2016: Added Section 4.4 (Brick Cup Series Chase Points rules), updated Rule 3.10.1 (black flag clearing procedures), reordered other rules
1. Driver Responsibilities
- 1.1 The entire iRacing Sporting Code is in effect at all time in all series.
- 1.2 During practice, qualifying, and race sessions, keep chat relevant to on-track matters.
- 1.3 We provide a TeamSpeak 3 server where everyone is more than welcome. Team channels (with or without passwords) are available upon request.
- Link: nj1.teamspeak.cc:9056
- 1.4 Drivers are expected to “keep their cool”. Any type of arguing, harassment, or insulting will not be tolerated.
2. Qualifying Procedures
- 2.1 Qualifying attempts must start from the position you are placed on pit road.
- 2.2 Resetting, towing, backing up, or any other attempt (as deemed by the admins) is not allowed.
- 2.3 Paint the Yellow has a zero tolerance policy against any “funny” business during qualifying. Any type of donuts, power braking, or anything else to exploit the sim (as deemed by the admins) is unacceptable.
- 2.4 EOLs will not be granted to drivers at the start of any race session for any reason other than a penalty being enforced by an admin.
- 2.5 Absolutely no talking/chatting during the qualifying session.
3. Race Procedures
- 3.1 The race leader controls the start.
- 3.1.1 Daytona starts and restarts: Leader can go any time after the pace car moves to enter pit road.
- 3.1.2 Talladega starts and restarts: Leader can go any time after the red line on the outside wall in the tri-oval.
- 3.2 The leader has lane choice on starts/restarts. The leader must communicate to the 2nd place car that he/she wants to take the outside if that is his/her choice.
- 3.3 The leader must maintain pace car speed after the pace car pulls off.
- 3.4 No weaving side to side during pace/caution laps.
- 3.5 Drivers must be fully off the racing surface before decelerating for pit road under green flag conditions.
- 3.6 When drivers leave pit road they are expected to stay below the yellow line until the backstretch. Failure to obey will result in a black flag.
- 3.6.1 Drivers may enter the racing surface on the frontstretch at Daytona only. Drivers are to stay in the bottom racing groove until they reach the backstretch.
- 3.7 When merging onto the racing surface, cars on the track have the right-of-way.
- 3.8 Drivers are to refrain from driving through more than 3 pit stalls when on pit road. Failure to obey will result in a penalty.
- 3.9 Retaliation of any type is not tolerated and is subject to penalty.
- 3.10 Black Flags issued by iRacing will not be cleared by an admin.
- 3.10.1 The only exceptions for Rule 3.9 is when a driver is forced onto pitroad either by avoiding an on-track incident, being collected in an incident, or passing wrecked cars on a restart. It is the responsibility of the driver who receives this black flag to immediately ask an admin to clear it.
- 3.11 Passing below the yellow line is prohibited and is subject to penalty.
- 3.12 When entering pit road under caution, drivers are to remain single file. Failure to follow procedure will result in an EOL penalty on the restart.
- 3.13 Intentionally bringing out a caution flag will not be tolerated.
- 3.14 When a car has lost power due to a blown engine, out of fuel, etc, the driver is expected to tow back to the pits as soon as possible.
- 3.14.1 Pushing a car that has lost power is prohibited at all times. The driver who is pushing will receive a black flag penalty for doing so.
- 3.15 Drivers must remain in their lane on a restart until their car passes the start-finish line. If a driver breaks this rule, the penalty will be given after the conclusion of the race and will be as follows: The driver will be become the last car to finish on the lap he/she finished on.
- 3.15.1 A driver who makes a deliberate attempt at making someone break Rule 3.16 before reaching the start-finish line will receive the same penalty as a driver breaking Rule 3.16
- 3.15.2 All cases of Rule 3.16 being broken will be reviewed by the PTY Admins at the conclusion of all PTY series races of the night. All violations will be interpreted on a case-by-case basis. Outcomes may be protested to PTY.
4. Points System
- 4.1 Each series has a defined points system in the Series Format, unless otherwise stated on this rules page.
- 4.2 Drivers cannot have other drivers substitute for them. The driver who starts the race earns the points.
- 4.3 Provisional points are available. Any driver that informs an admin before the conclusion of race night will be awarded 1 point less than last place points.
- 4.4 Brick Cup Series Chase Rules: An eligible driver advances to the next round of the Chase by winning a race, or finishing the current round in an advancing position in the points standings. If there are more winners in a round than advancing berths into the next round, the tiebreakers are as follows: Number of wins in the current round, points standings in the current round, wins in the overall Chase. Any further tiebreakers are to be determined by the PTY Admins.
- 5.1 Official protests should be sent to email@example.com. Allow at least 48-hours for admins to review.
- 5.2 Penalties within one series may carry over into other series, such as being parked or suspended.